Sunday 14 October 2012

THE PERFECT STORM


Did you ever feel that you were bringing something new to the table with your writing? That many things were converging and creating a perfect storm. That is how I feel right at this moment in time. I’ve hit a place that is well above the earth where different ideas of writing are unfolding in unison and creating a book that is like none I have ever written.

The novel unfolding is more powerful with words and paragraphs and words that I have not strung together before. It’s a love story not wholly of our world, but of a new one created from world building. Two beings have come together, one from planet Earth, one from planet 2topia. Their mating is so intense I can only hang on for the ride. But even more importantly, their offspring will be the salvation of our planet...

The story overrides all genres for me. It’s science fiction, its fantasy, its romance, its intense literature. And I’m bringing to it a freedom that is calling to me. It will definitely be written under a pen name to protect the innocent! And I cannot wait to see how it will end. I’m twenty thousand words in and it’s fully charged with intrigue, romance, the need for salvation, and themes around human issues and healing. I can only hope do it justice. May the word fairies have my back!

Best, January Bain / October 14, 2012

 

4 comments:

  1. This makes me extremely happy, January! I hope the perfect storm of writing continues for a long, long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, thanks Judy, that means a lot to me coming from you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAH! You go, January! Lock the doors and enjoy!

    ~jude

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Jude, you got it going on! Love your books by the way!

    ReplyDelete