Friday 5 October 2012

)… And do the sins of the human fall on the vampire?


I’ve considered many ethical and moral questions as I write vampires and humans that are juxtaposition, one on the other. Vampires have obviously discovered the proverbial fountain of youth, but how much of their former human characteristics do they bring to their new lives when they are made by a vampire?  

These are the things I have imagined during alternative world building I’ve created writing about vampires:

Imagine: having all the time in the world to create medical cures.

Imagine: it being feasible to inoculate all humans against their mortality, a vaccine against death.

Imagine: never dying.

Imagine: saving loved ones.

Imagine: saving people with special gifts: Those who want to do good in the world.

Imagine: watching history being made.

Imagine: accumulating great wealth.

Imagine: flying…vanishing...shapeshifting...

Those are just some of the things I’ve thought about during the journey of writing the Forever Series of books. The best part of writing for me is the realization of how amazing our world truly is. And maybe I just like to twig it a bit to add even more magic! After all, that is the gift of storytelling.

Best, January Bain
 

No comments:

Post a Comment